Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Just recently replaced the alternator on the 1999 Eldorado,

Customer Question

Just recently replaced the alternator on the 1999 Eldorado , now it runs fine but the headlights wont work. I have checked the fuses and all fine. The day running lights are work the turn signals work the parking lights come work, but no headlights or high beams. When you put it in drive the day running lights come on, then when you manually attempt to turn the lights on the day running lights turn off, parking lights and tail lights come on but no headlights.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the headlamps can be caused by any of the following,

• Connections
  • Headlamp Relay
  • Wiring
    Fuse

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below as well as the wiring diagram for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Headllight%20Oct%2017.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Headlamp%20wiring%20Oct%2017.pdf