Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

99 cadillac seville sts. Had a overheating problem, changed

Customer Question

99 cadillac seville sts. Had a overheating problem, changed the water pump, problem fixed. Changed water pump 10/12. No more overheating. Yesterday check coolant level message popped up. Added coolant even though mechanic topped it off before I went to work. Got off work message pop's up again. Notices it's low so I top it off. Dexcool 50/50. At auto zone now because message is still up even though it's full. Unplugged #2 in your diagram for the sensor and message is still there
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** need to unplug the sensor and then take a paperclip to jump wire together, this will turn off warning. Assuming it turns off warning then you will need to replace coolant level sensor which I believe is built into tank. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was expecting more help when I paid for extra detail
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Would you like instructions to remove coolant reservoir? I'm assuming you have already done that since you unplugged the sensor. Beyond that there isn't much detail to include but I'm happy to add anything you can think of or answer any other questions you may have. Let me know, thanks.