AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Im trying to replace the throttle body and as after market

Customer Question

Im trying to replace the throttle body and as after market wiring are all white car wiring hornest has colors how to connect
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

what engine do you have? 3.6 or 5.7? I can try to locate the wiring schematic that includes the throttle body and email it to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V-6. 3.6

Ok. Give me a few minutes to get those.

Here is a connector diagram which identifies what wire serves what purpose. I understand that your new throttle body doesn't have the same connector as your old one, but the pin positions should be the same. Please let me know if I am following correctly and if this will help you or if you want the big confusing wiring schematics.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llmq6m2blkw5h5s/cadillac%20tb1.jpg?dl=0

If you want to, you can take a good picture of the connector and upload it and I will look it over and then I will know what your up against.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
04 cts wiring for throttle body car is corlors 6wires and after market is 6 white but on after market plug were wires all white have numbers what nubers go to each color thats coming from car hooking to the new plug with all 6 wires white .im here now.

Ok. the wires are numbered on your new throttlebody? Is there anything that came with it that says what wire is what?

If you can tell me what wire is what I can tell you what color goes where, but we need to know what number on your aftermarket throttle body is what.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3Past need to know the number on the throttle body connection that each color go with coming from the new after market plug that connects to corlors on car throttle body wiring please respond I have paid through phone 3Payments even for a call

how would I know what wires on your aftermarket throttle body is for what? I would have hoped that they would have provided you with that information since the wires are all white and numbered. I have not been paid anything until I have been rated. Like I said before, if your new throttle body come with a connector attached, then the pin layout is likely the same layout as your old connector, so re attach your wires accordingly. If you want to provide me with a picture of your new throttle body I may be able to determine what wire is what.

Can you take a picture of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent pictures or were with a bigger picture I can see your original connector at the plug in part its numbers I need the original 04cts throttle body connector color one to match numbers with new one with numbers

i'm sorry, but I do not have the wire identification for your aftermarket throttle body. All I have is the wire identification that originally came on the car. I don't have access to it either. It's something that you would have to get from who ever made the throttle body.

If you sent a picture of the wires, I did not receive it. You should be able to upload pictures right here