Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 04 Cadillac cts 3.6l I have replaced my engine once

Customer Question

i have a 04 Cadillac cts 3.6l I have replaced my engine once and throttle body 3 times (both not done by a dealer, but by a mechanic show) had the ecm replaced twice (by a Cadillac dealership). I crank my car and it revs up very high and then it will bounce between 2k and 3k rpms. I would be driving down the road and the service vehicle soon message would pop up on the stereo (no check engine light) then on some occasions the traction control light will come on and then it will say engine power reduce and it will go into limp mode. Do you have any idea as to what might be causing this to happen?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

First, it needs to be checked for air intake leaks as well as intake manifold leaks, as well as the app sensor tested. If you can provide the vin I can check for service bulletins related to your issues