Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am having a similar issue with my 05 sts and have

Customer Question

I am having a similar issue with my 05 sts and have pinpointed the issue but am unclear about the sulution do u have a minute?
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The driver door controls went out and I had a blown fuse but everything works untill I plugged the door speaker back in and it smoked and sizzled so I believe that I had a short to ground could you clear up what those 5 door speaker wires are and what's supposed to be hot and what wires shouldn't be live....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remember that it is not the driver door switch or module because everything works until I plug the speaker back in....
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

The power and ground to the speaker is minimal, it should not cause a short to make smoke and sizzle noise. You more than likely have a wire short on more than one wire inside the door jam to blame. Can you check that? If you still need a wire diagram let me know.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you could send the wire diagram of the driver door
that may help.

I have to send diagrams through an additional service offer, so they are not on an open forum. Sending that invite now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm expected to pay 12 more dollars for the original requested for a wire diagram?

You selected the lowest question value. Sorry yes, there is a fee for diagrams. I have to pay for them, and have to re cooperate that cost to share them. The website does not compensate the experts since we are not employees.