Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified A6,A8,L1 and California Licensed Smog Technician
25319281

I have a 2005 Cadillac 5 cyl that I just had the oil

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2005 Cadillac 5 cyl that I just had the oil changed. On the way home I noticed it was running rough at 70 to 75 mph and engine light on. I had also added regular gas (normally use regular) a couple days before, but it was at a non-branded station. Let the gas run low in tank and added some gas treatment and midgrade gas fillup and the problem went away. Now its back running rough and the engine light is back on. Tried treatment and hi grade gas and it is still running rough?? Oil is down on hole on the dip stick.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else do you need? Its a 6 cylinder with 116,000 miles and never a tune up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long estimate?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Typo---That's a 6 cylinder engine not a 5 cylinder engine with 115000 miles and never had a tune up.
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

If the engine light is on you will need to have the computer scanned to retrieve the codes from the memory. This will tell us why the light is on and what the running rough is caused by. A lot of auto part stores will do this for free, once you have those codes send them to me and we can narrow done the fix for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jim,
he odes read cylinder 3 and 5 misfire.
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

What model is the Cadillac and what is the engine liter size?