AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

My 95 deville is dead. No lights, no clicks, no whines or

Customer Question

Hello.
My 95 deville is dead. No lights, no clicks, no whines or whirring. Trickle charger didn't help. Booster didn9't help. Boyfriend with jumper cables today didn't help.
It was running fine before my keys were stolen and I had to leave the car to sit until I could afford the locksmith bll of close to 400 dollars. Finally got the locksmith appt. Car sat dead while he worked on the steering column and the ignition and then the doors and glovebox. When he was done he said I should be good to go after charging the battery. I'm in no way blaming the locksmith, either. I'm just telling you what happened. What on earth would keep my car from taking a charge??
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that would prevent the battery from taking the charge is a bad battery itself. When you hooked up the booster, did the car have any lights come on or anything? or was everything still totally dead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for replying. No, everything was still totally dead.

Ok. Have you checked the battery connections and the battery ground? If you didn't have any lights or anything with the jumper cables attached then your battery being dead is probably not the problem, or at least not the only problem. Have you checked the battery voltage using a DVOM?