FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Have a 2009 cadillac cts. I left the ignition switch on over

Customer Question

have a 2009 cadillac cts. I left the ignition switch on over night and my battery was dead this morning. I charged the battery but now the anti theft system is flashing and the car will not respond.
I have a 2009 cadillac cts. I left the ignition switch on over night and my battery was dead this morning. I charged the battery but now the anti theft system is flashing and the car will not respond.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Do you have a spare key? Do the dash lights come on when the key is turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS IS A KEYLESS SYSTEM. NO...NOTHING COMES ON...JUST A LIGHT THAT SHOW A SECURITY LOCK. I HAVE RECHARGED THE BATTERY BUT STILL NOTHING.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Have you tried your spare key FOB? If you have and that did not make a difference then you may have caused a programming lock up in the anti theft module. I would disconnect the battery cables and touch them together away from the battery. Then reinstall them starting with the positive. If it continues then you may need to have the module reprogrammed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was not the answer. Not even close.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry if the answer was not correct. When this occurs it can be caused by a number of different things and I can only recommend what I have seen as the most common. Typically if that is not the issue we can continue if you were to have asked for further help. Did you end up getting the vehicle running?