cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a 89 cadillac allante and this mechanic chance my

Customer Question

I have a 89 cadillac allante and this mechanic chance my brakes they work fine for couple days on the 3rd day the parking brake light wen on not the abs light and my couldn't stop the wen i press on the brakes if feel like lost of pressure i bleed them that next day using dot3 dot 4 brake fluit but didn't take off the calipers pump my brakes 25 times with the ignition on and 25 more timrs with the ignition off but no results
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wat happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven got my question answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why haven't heard from you guys
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

You dont mention if the fluid was low or not. If it was, we need to check for a leak. If not then we need to do a brake hose clamp test. Use brake hose clamps to lightly clamp off each brake hose at the 4 wheels. Now test the pedal. It should be firm. If not, replace the master cylinder as it has an internal bypass.

If good, then starting at rear, remove one brake clamp at a time and retest pedal each time. At which ever wheel you remove the clamp and the pedal sinks, that is the problem area, faulty caliper or hose

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks am just wondering wen bleeding brakes do u do it with the calipers on or off
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI

You bleed with the calipers on

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after trying wat u said my brakes feel better but now they seen to be working backwards when i apply the brakes down it doesn't brake but wen i releasing the brake it starts to brake
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

does yours have ABS braking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does i bleed that too
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like your brake booster has went out i would recommend replacing