cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing import and domestic cars and trucks
36867192

THE "SERVICE STEERING SYSTEM" INDICATOR COMES ON MY 2008 STS

Customer Question

THE "SERVICE STEERING SYSTEM" INDICATOR COMES ON MY 2008 STS CADILLAC INTERMITTENTLY. wHEN IT COMES ON THE CAR STEERS HADR AND WHEN IT DOES NOT THE STEERING IS FINE. I HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED A NEW POWER STEERING PUMP. IT SEEMS LIKE THIS IS SOMETHING ELECTRONIC OR CONNECTED TO THE ONBOARD COMPUTER SYSTEM.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the steering angle sensor is failing, it is located on the steering column at the bottom close to the firewall, it will require reprogramming once replaced. Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not please ask me another question,i will continue to answer your questions even after rating i given until you are satisfied with my answers.

Please RATE my service a 3 or ABOVE,if for some reason you can not,PLEASE ask another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you RATE my service, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.