Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

My 99 Seville SLS drivers seat is stuck in the reclined

Customer Question

My 99 Seville SLS drivers seat is stuck in the reclined position. The seat base still moves forward and backwards so I know the fuse is good. When I try to bring the seat back up, I just hear a "tinny" clicking sound.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

There is no fuse, it's a circuit breaker. You are correct though in assuming it must be ok if the other controls work. I see from the wiring diagram that it has a separate motor for the recline. I suppose it has something to do with that specific motor. I would test for power to it with the switch on forward and backward. If there is voltage then most likely the motor is bad. If there is no voltage then the switch is most likely bad.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Here is the diagram,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I see from the part numbers the right and left motor are the same, so you could swap them to test. http://www.cadillacpartscenter.com/parts/1999/Cadillac/Seville/SLS/index.cfm?siteid=218205

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Cause they are expensive, $226

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Cause they are expensive, $226