Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I've removed the back cover from the headlight assembly of

Customer Question

I've removed the back cover from the headlight assembly of my 2008 CTS to replace the HID blub, but I can't figure how to remove the bulb - it appears that it should be twisted to align a notch in the plastic ring beneath the ballast. Do you know how to remove the bulb from the headlight assembly?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5luy9ai2hn1ergh/hidrr.pdf?dl=0
-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the diagram...I suspected that the bulb ballast assembly needs to be rotated; however, I've tried to rotate the assembly applying full hand strength as well as a moderate amount of force with channel lock pliers. It's not budging. I've already spread downward the up turned metal leg of the metal plate beneath the ballast (that would prevent rotation). I'm concerned a great amount of force will cause damage to the light assembly. How can i get this thing to move? Any suggestions?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure there is much else you can do other then force it, if it breaks then replace the cover. I doubt it will break, I do not see any other option besides trying. Sorry there isn't a better option, let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a need to apply downward pressure while twisting it, or simply turn it counter-clockwise?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No downward pressure needed, just turn counter clockwise. Let me know how it goes, thanks.