Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

How to adjust throttle body escalade 6.2l

Customer Question

how to adjust throttle body for cadillac escalade 6.2l
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what adjustments you are talking about but the computer controls the throttle body.

If you need to perform a throttle learn:

Throttle Learn

Scan Tool Idle Learn or Idle Learn Reset Procedure – Performed after the throttle body is cleaned or replaced

1. Ignition ON, engine OFF, perform the Idle Learn or Idle Learn Reset in Configuration/Reset or Module Setup.
  2. Engine idling, observe the scan tool Throttle Body (TB) Idle Airflow Compensation parameter. The TB Idle Airflow Compensation value should equal 0 % and the engine should be idling at a normal idle speed.
  3. Clear the DTCs and return to the diagnostic that referred you here.

Service Bay/On Road Idle Learn Procedure – Performed after the ECM is programmed or replaced

Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle.

1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
  2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
  3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
  4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
  5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
  6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.

Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.

• If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
  • After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
  • If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds and repeat step 6.
  • Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Did that answer your question?