Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Just bought a 2011 Cadillac SRX and can not get the back

Customer Question

Just bought a 2011 Cadillac SRX and can not get the back seat DVD screens to turn on. Do they require the remote that didn't come with it? The infrared lights up when you turn on the console and select dvd but screens stay black. Help!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Do you get sound for the rear dvd

Also, the 17 digit vehicle vin number will help if needed to pull and schematics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound comes from the car audio speakers and plays on the front display. I select DVD from the rsc but screens remain black. 3gyfncey4bs536838
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, just wanted make sure of a couple of things before answering - yes, this model does require the remote to turn the rear dvd players on. With factory units, unless you happen to find some for sell on Ebay, you will need to purchase the remote from a GM dealer parts department

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Manuel says that a universal will work set to toshiba setting. Correct?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I have not tried an universal with one yet, so dont know how accurate the manual is on that. In theory it should, but I find that doesnt always hold true on audio and video units in automotive applications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased both a universal and then a gm remote. Still will not turn on and neither remote will change anything. The rsc days dvd T1-C6. Does this mean anything?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, that is an error code and for some reason I do not have the entertainment system fault codes for this vehicle. I am going to need to open this up to other experts to see if anyone has this information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not an error code. It's the track 1 chapter 6 of the DVD.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

does your Remote look like this ?
click Attachment
If so, did you purchase New or Used Remote

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bought it today. Doesn't do anything. I removed the video displays and checked wiring, while a movie was playing I only got power on the red wire. Nothing on any other. Is there another place to check and make sure it's connected?

did you purchase New or Used Remote?
This is for the Flip Down, & NOT "Headrest Units" correct?

RED / WHITE wire should have Voltage +, as the BCM powers the Unit off & on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bought remote new at dealer. Yes it's a factory flip up.

can not get the back seat DVD screens to turn on. Do they require the remote that didn't come with it?
.

sorry, when you first posted, it gave the appearance that you have "Headrest Units", as you used the terms of "back seat DVD "screens" & "Do "they"

.

will opt out & relist
if someone else can help they will post here

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 2. One on the back of each seat.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

May be similar to some of our cars with 3 screens.

Does your car have an overhead console for the rear passengers, and if so it is turned on?

Our WM Caprice rear screens can be turned off independant of the front screen.

The RSE may have also lost it's "link" to the head unit.

I would take it to Cadillac, it may just be a programming issue.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I was trying to void that taking it to the Cadillac dealership thing. It has three screens but one is now in the front radio compartment and the other two are right underneath the head rests.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

So does it have an overhead console for the rear passengers use, to control the screens from?

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached pics
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I see your pics, it is similar to our GM cars, but I can't see why your rear screens aren't working.

Have you run a vehicle wide DTC check?

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you do this? I googled it but could not find anything for 2011 that would work.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I would say a late model generic scan tool that some small workshops might have may work.

Otherwise your Cadillac dealer could run a diagnostic check of the vehicle.

Mention your rear screen concern.

I don't think I can offer any more advice to you I'm sorry.

I'm not asking for any money from you, I was only hoping I could offer some more help.

I wish you all the best with your problem.

Regards

Gary