Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Looking to find out how to pull the fuel tank of a 2004

Customer Question

Looking to find out how to pull the fuel tank of a 2004 Cadillac srx, driveline, exhaust and fuel straps are off already, not sure if I need to go further but does not want to come out and I don't want to break it
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The quick disconnect wires have been disconnected as well, a couple fuel lines remain but they are not what's holding the tank in place, once I know the final steps to remove and replace I will continue disconnecting the lines. Thanks in advance
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I am attaching the procedure to remove and replace the tank. Let me know if that doesnt clarify it enough but it should let you know what youre missing. Its pretty detailed.

Ill be around if you need anything further. Just reply to this same post.

Please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks

Sorry. Forgot the attachment. Here are the instructions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not with the vehicle any longer and won't be able to get back at it until later in the week or next weekend, however the instructions are not complete as pages 3 through 7 are blank. Please forward the remaining instructions as I do not see anything referring to actually removing the tank from the vehicle; the filler is/was already pretty lose and didn't appear to be preventing the tank from dropping, if dropped a few inches more it could potentially prevent the tank from dropping any further if not completely disconnected. From looking up from the ground it does not appear it will just drop out without a specific tilt/slide/pry procedure and or removing more parts which would greatly increase the service time. P.S. I assume you have a service manual, how much time does it allow for the job? Thanks in advance!

Not sure what happened there. Thanks for letting me know. Lets try that again.

And it calls for 3 hours to replace the tank.