Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

97 sedan deville computer flashes starting disabled due to

Customer Question

97 sedan deville computer flashes starting disabled due to theft system
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** usually means the ignition lock cylinder has failed. The key has a chip/resistor in it that the ignition switch reads for security system. So you will need to use a multimeter to check resistance of key, then access the two wires going to ignition lock cylinder. The two wire should show same resistance as key with key inserted in ignition and in on position, if not then replace the ignition lock cylinder. This is around a $200 job to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.