sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Have a 2002 Cadillac DeVille I think there may be a cd

Customer Question

have a 2002 Cadillac DeVille I think there may be a cd caught in player..... nothing will eject, radio won't work, and clock display flashed on and off
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A disc being mechanically stuck in the CD player can obviously prevent it from being ejected but that wouldn't cause an issue with the clock or prevent operation of any other radio features. It sounds as if you have an internal radio failure, odds are the radio is going to need to be replaced or sent somewhere such as United Radio for repair.

Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok...it ran the battery down on the car. We have pulled the fuse that runs the audio and charged the battery back up and the car starts and runs okay now. I'm wondering if I put the fuse back in if it would possibly have corrected the problem and will now eject the cd and the radio will operate properly. I have not had time to try this. What are your thoughts?

Sometimes a power cycle will cause an electrical issue to go away temporarily so pulling the fuse could help, but most likely the radio is going to need to be replaced. If there is actually a disc stuck in it then the radio may have stayed awake due to the mechanical issue and continually trying to move the disc.