Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

The blower motor only cuts off when I unplug from the fan

Customer Question

The blower motor only cuts off when I unplug from the fan itself, it runs even when the key is off even when the climate control unplug and even when I unplug each relay one by one am I missing something?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

When the blower motor continues to run even with the ignition off, this is most commonly due to a problem with the Power Module. It's located under the hood, mounted to the top of the blower motor housing (click here for an image). Unplug the electrical connector to the module and the blower should shut off. If so, inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the Power Module. If the blower continues to run with the Power Module unplugged, then the problem will lie in the Heat-A/C Programmer located behind the glove box (click here for an image). Like I say though, more commonly the Power Module. Please remember to leave a rating using the star rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.