Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Have a 2008 SRX, LAST MONTH WE ARE HAVING STARTING PROBLEMS,

Customer Question

have a 2008 SRX, FOR THE LAST MONTH WE ARE HAVING STARTING PROBLEMS, V6 ENGINE. THIS MORNING TRIED TO START ALL IT DID WAS MAKE A CLICKING NOISE. WE TURNED THE WHEEL PRESSED ON THE GAS AND TRIED AGAIN, IT STARTED. THIS HAS HAPPENED 6 TIMES IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin can you describe the area that the noise was coming from ?(engine bay) was it just 1 click when the key was turned to the crank position ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 or 2. my daughter tried to start it 4 times this morning. i tried it later and it started on the 2nd try. sometimes the engine shaked real bad before it started. (engine bay) other times it seems to hesitate on running normally. all the dashboard warning lights will stay on longer than normal.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

But every time it does turn engine over even when clicking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I don't offer phone call service I will opt out and allow another professional to assist

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we can continue by text if you wish. when my daughter tried 4 times this morning all it did was the warning lights came on and the radio, engine did not try to turn over.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok and when this happened was there clicking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
disregard, I just got it fixed, it was loose battery cable connections, everything is working fine now.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Glad your sorted always nice when it's a cheap and easy fix