Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have a 2004 Cadillac Cts 3.6 V6 I got codes U1000 Class 2

Customer Question

hi I have a 2004 Cadillac Cts 3.6 V6 I got codes U1000 Class 2 Data link Malfunction and the second code u1016 loss of communication with power Train Module and the problem with the car it doesn't take reverse and when in drive I must press the pedal to go but it wont switch gears what are those codes meaning and were is the Power train module located
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention when I put the car in reverse gear it goes forward instead of reverse
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

These are data communication fault codes indicating other computers are not able to communicate with the power train module (PCM or engine and transmission computer as it is known).When there is a loss of communication like this here this can cause running and shifting issues.Usually this fault is caused by damaged wiring or wiring connections to or at the PCM or the PCM itself may be at fault needing replaced.Your PCM is located at the top passenger side of the engine area as seen in the link below.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.