Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I HAVE A 1994 CADILLIC DEVILLE CONCOURS. MY SUNROOF WILL NOT

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1994 CADILLIC DEVILLE CONCOURS. MY SUNROOF WILL NOT OPEN. MY PASSENGER DOOR WILL NOT UNLOCK WITH MY REMOTE OR EVEN WHEN I HIT MY DRIVERS DOOR LOCK. I HAVE TO LOCK IT BY MANUALLY PRESSING DOWN ON THE LEVER FROM MINSIDE THE CAR. I CAN'T EVEN USE MY KET FROM THE OUTISDE TO OPEN THE DOOR, I KNOW IT IS GETTING ELECTRICITY BECAUSE WHEN I USE THE DOOR LOCK TO OPEN THE DOORS FROM THE DRIVERS SIDE I CAN WATCH THE LOCK GO UP AVERY SO LIGHTLY BUT NOT ENOUGH TO OPEN OR LOCK IT.
THE LAST ISSUE IS THAT MY CRUISE CONTROL WILL NOT ENGAGE.
AS A FINAL NOTE I CAN ACCESS THE FUSE BOX IN THE ENGINE AREA AND HAVE CHECKED ALL FUSES. I HAVE LOCATED THE FUSE BOX IN THE TRUCK TO INSURE THE SAME. ALL FUSES ARE GOOD AND WHERE THEY SHOULD BE POSITIONED.
I CAN'T FIND THE LH MAXI FUSE BLOCK. I WENT ON LINE AND KNOW WHERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LOCATED IT IS NOT THERE. SO I CANT CHECK FUSE 6 . HELP ME TO LOCATE THAT AND I WILL REPORT BACK TO YOU.
KINDEST REDARDS.
DOUG MILWARD
WILLIS TEXAS 77318 ***@******.***
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The sun roof issue may be a fault with the sun roof motor itself needing replaced.I have seen this motor fail several times before in the past needing replaced to correct this fault here.

The door lock issue is usually the door latch itself at fault needing replaced as the lock portion of it can bind or fail causing this here.

With the cruise not functioning check and make sure all brake lights are operating properly and if your anti lock brake or traction lights are on and in some cases the check engine light on this can disable the cruise control.If any of these lights are on the fault codes need checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set then diagnosed and repaired from there.

The maxi fuse panels are located under the hood in the engine area on the drivers side as seen in the link below.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.