Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

2006 Cadillac SRX v8. California car! Needs new catalytic

Customer Question

2006 Cadillac SRX v8. California car! Needs new catalytic converters due to someone pouring water and diesel in fuel tank. Car is a California emissions vehicles. Can I replace direct fit manifold w non California versions? I live in Illinois! Or does the vehicle need California emissions converts???
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

If you have emissions testing in your location where you live the catalytic converters need replaced with the correct parts.If the wrong ones are installed they will not operate as sufficient as the California emissions standards with the emission components that are installed on your vehicle.Being that these are usually expensive to replace it is best to go with the correct ones.The non California emission catalytic converters technically should work properly but it would be a risk installing them for the cost if after a year or more they fail or cause an emissions fault code to set which would keep you from passing inspection.I would install the California emission catalytic converters to prevent any future expenses of needing them replaced again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.