Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I just purchased a 2007 Cadillac SRX with 106,000 miles on

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2007 Cadillac SRX with 106,000 miles on it. It has a P0008 code. any idea what to do?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

Very common problem on the V6 engines, and the fix is a very expensive timing chain replacement.

Did you purchase this from a GM dealer? If so, you may be able to get assistance from GM on the repair. If not, you are probably on the hook for this repair cost, which is about $1500-2000.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.I'm hearing that the issue is covered by a Special Coverage Extended Warranty regardless of whether I purchased from the dealer.

It's ten years/120k miles, so you're still in the coverage period. Get it to your dealer and they'll square you away.

I was unsure of the mileage cutoff on that until you mentioned it, then I looked it up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome! Thanks!

Good luck with it!