Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

2010 caddy srx not one minute of problems until today

Customer Question

2010 caddy srx not one minute of problems until today 110,000 miles tranny serviced at 50 and 98 k. upshifting is the issue after 4th gear it has stopped shifting
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is*****'ll be happy to assist with this today.

In some cases this can be a fault with a shift solenoid in the transmission valve body or the valve body itself acting up. I have seen both cause this issue before. If your check engine light has come on with this problem the first thing that needs to be done is to have fault codes checked then from there they can be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault. If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help. In some cases places like AutoZone will read fault codes free of charge. I suspect this will be a shift solenoid or the valve body itself at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.