Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2007 cadillac cts. Water coming into the left passenger side

Customer Question

2007 cadillac cts. Water coming into the left passenger side from the cover of the roof pillar. Dripping. How to repair?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Ok, I need to know if it has a sunroof or not as they will determine where the issue is and how we need to fix
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with sunroof
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, this is usually an obstruction in the drains for the sunroof
Sunroof Drain Inspection and Cleaning
Important: The drain hoses are pushed on as an interference fit and are not clamped or cemented. Do NOT disconnect the hose from the drain channel spouts while cleaning.
A drain trough encircles the sliding panel which leads to the drain spouts and into the hoses. The drain hoses are located at each corner of the housing. The two front drain hoses route down the windshield pillars and exit out the hinge pillars between the door hinges. The two rear drain hoses route down the rear sail and the quarter panels and exit the inner wheelhouse panels.
If you encounter a wet headliner or other water leak, inspect the following areas for the source of the leak:
* The windshield
* The rear window
Verify the drainage system is not plugged or restricted. Use the following procedure:
1. With the sunroof open use a one pint container, pour water into the drain trough.
2. Open the front doors.
3. Inspect for water drainage exiting through the grommets at the hinge pillar.
4. Look at the rear of the inner wheelhouse panels for water exiting the rear drain hoses.
5. If the water flow is restricted, use a low volume of compressed air in order to clear the drainage system.
6. Retest the system.
7. If water drips from the headliner above the door, lower the headliner refer Headlining Trim Panel Replacement as required, in order to inspect for a proper drain tube connections at the drain spouts.
8. If necessary, secure the tubes onto the housing drain spouts.
9. If blockage is still present, replace the restricted drain hose.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks