Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I changed my shocks to standard from electronic ,there after

Customer Question

I changed my shocks to standard from electronic ,there after i am getting 2 errors check supension" and "speed not to exceed 80 mph" the acceleration stops at 80mph.
2006 cadillac dts
is one causing the other.
can I do anything other than remove the rear shocks and replace with electronic ones
to eliminate this speed limitation.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

We just eliminated the electronic shocks on a Cadillac escalade the other day. We ended up having to wire in a 4 ohm resistor in the place of the harness on each shock that monitors the electric suspension. You would also have to find the suspension leveling sensor and disconnect or bypass it. Let me see if I can find some diagrams for the DTS.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

This type of resistor should work on your system:

http://www.amazon.com/Watt-3-9K-Carbon-Film-Resistor/dp/B009XOP02M/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1441942229&sr=8-10&keywords=3+ohm+resistor

You will need 2 PER STRUT/SHOCK wire them together and 1 end to the 2 wire factory car wiring and the other to the other wire.

According to the GM schematic that should send a 1-3 ohm resistance signal to the BCM and turn off the warning indicator. It looks like the leveling sensor might not need to be messed with at all, but you would have to try and and find out.

It's popular to do this on the escalade, but it's not a very commonly performed swap on the DTS.