Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I'm about to buy a 1994 Caddy STS. Beautiful car. It has

Customer Question

I'm about to buy a 1994 Caddy STS. Beautiful car. It has 29350 miles. Yes you read that correctly. The price of 4000.00 seems reasonable. How do I ward off what seems to be the inevitable blown head gasket? (Northstar 32 valve)
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

The inevitable head gaskets are just as described. With the car being 20+ years old I would be very concerned. I would ask for maintenance record for coolant changes especially. You will spend the 4K + when the head gaskets blow. The other option is to drive till they blow and salvage it. Take it to a used car dealer and inquire on its value for trade in. Most used car dealers wont buy them that old because of the head gasket problems

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.