Triston
Triston, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10yrs. exp ase master
10186415

My 2008 dts Cadillac has 46000 miles, been pampered, was

Customer Question

My 2008 dts Cadillac has 46000 miles, been pampered, was told roller bearing kit is need to repair extension housing/brass bushing also the pressure hose to power steering needs replaced. Was told ever with repair ($1100) some brass pieces could have gone into transmission and it's a 50/50 chance the transmission will fail and need to be rebuilt. What's your thoughts
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

In my professional opinion if any bearing came apart in the transmission you need a complete rebuild and that bearing or brass bushing replaced however if the trans filter is clean and doesn't have bearing or bushing particles in it then the parts didn't wear enough to cause major symptoms. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks