Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2008 cadillac escalade and it has just started

Customer Question

I have a 2008 cadillac escalade and it has just started acting like it doesn't want to start. It has just started doing this today ..
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need a properly charged battery, good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure ( 50 to 60 PSI). If you can check each one of these thing for me and post back with which one you are lacking we can work from there to determine the cause. Post back when you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i noticed the problem i believe.. should be a good answer for others... Im in HOTT vegas, my gas tank had a lot of headed air in it and the blower was running in it when I stopped to get gas.. that blower was blowing the hot air out the gas tank.. I believe that air running in there was blowing the gas around away from where it needed to be.... after it cooled down and the air stopped, It started as it should
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would stall check your fuel pressure, the problem could very well be a failing fuel pump, its pretty common for these pumps to overheat in hot weather and work again after cooling off.