Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have a 1999 Cadillac escalade and I let a friend installed

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1999 Cadillac escalade and I let a friend installed a stereo stereo system now it will not start my gas gage is broke so Ifigured it was out of gas so I put gas in it keep in mind my car is at a sideways slant in my front yard could it b because my truck isn't level someone told me the computer might of got burnt out.what do I do
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

IN some cases the security system can engage and cause this fault here after a repair like this.Check and see if the security light/theft light is flashing on the dash after you try and start the vehicle and when it won't start just let go of the key.If this light is flashing this indicates the security system needs relearned.If this is the case let me know and I will see if I can locate the procedure for the relearn here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can u please answer the rest of my questions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I see the question on the vehicle not starting and asking what to do here.

Is the security light flashing on the dash or staying on solid at all after you try and start the vehicle then let go of the key (not turning it back at all just letting go of it)?

Let me know,thanks Pete