Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 1995 cadillac deville I went to start the car

Customer Question

I have a 1995 cadillac deville I went to start the car yesterday it started and then died tried to start again and nothing it cranked but did not start I found out it's not getting spark so I changed cap and rotor and ignition module and still nothing so today I used my test light to see if I was getting power I didn't have any but I did find that the connector that plugs in to the battery side of the distributor lit up when I put the test light on the positive side of the battery what does that mean
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure the new ignition module is not defective then you may have a failing distributor pick up, I have enclosed the steps to test it in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Igntion%20test%20Sept%204.pdf