Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have a 2011 cadillac cts coupe. The drivers door push

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Bill.
I have a 2011 cadillac cts coupe. The drivers door push button does not release the door but does lower the window 1/4" as it should. What is the problem?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be caused by a fault with the drivers door control module itself.It is seeing the door switch signal as it is lowering the window but isn't releasing the door so the switch sounds to be operating properly.If the door opens manually then the latch is o.k.I suspect the drivers door control module is at fault here needing either reprogrammed by a dealer or replaced to correct this fault here.

Thanks Pete