Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have one tire on my 2013 SRX that has a slow leak. Should

Customer Question

I have one tire on my 2013 SRX that has a slow leak. Should I buy one tire or could the wheel need resealing
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Unless you know there is a problem with the tire itself, I would definitely try to reseal the tire. It could be possibly in the valve stem, it could be a very small nail or some other fault with the tire. Replacing just one tire for the leak at this point I think would be premature. Anyways, unless all of the tires are new, replace you just one tire can Present an issue with the running of the vehicle. If you have an all-wheel-drive then the present an issue with the running of the vehicle. If you have an all-wheel-drive then the diameter of the tire maybe different and may cause premature wear and tear on your vehicle. A reputable tire shop should be able to take care of your issue.