Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a starting issue with a Chevrolet Blazer 4.3. There

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I have a starting issue with a Chevrolet Blazer 4.3. There is no firing at the plugs terminals. It seemed to me to come from the security system , since when I try to start the security light is still on the dash. I have ordered a new remote control
keyfob, and I have followed the initializing procedure, but it is impossible to make it open the doors and to resset the security light.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

So looking at this you have 2 questions?

No spark at the plugs could be several things. Do you have any test equipment? Scanner?

The remote problem I am confused by the way it is worded. can you clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Samuel, thanks for answering quickly.
Yes II have a scanner (obd 2 and obd 1). I still haven't tried to pull the codes form the car.
I was talking about the remote control to open the doors. I suppose it is linked with the security system...
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The remote and security system are not related.

The remote only activates content theft. which does not affect starting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so where do we go from now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
her is a picture of my remote control keyfob)
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The remote looks like it needs replacement. It however will not keep vehicle from starting

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I am attaching the relearn procedure for the theft system. Start with this and let me know the results

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

attached this time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for the procedure, I will do it tomorrow and let you know...
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. If not don't forget to leave a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done the procedure for Passkey III. The problem is that the security light won't come off, even after half an hour.
The same goes with the other black key.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I am confident that you have a security problem then. The resistor by the ignition switch is the most common failure. A scan tool is the best way to diagnose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, I'll try this now and I ll be back!
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scanning result : the vehicles has no codes. Everything's okay...
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Did you go to a parts store and get it scanned or have the security system scanned for codes? Need to see security data as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have a generic tool called Creader VII. I suppose it can't scan security codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to add : I can hear the fuel pump for a few seconds when the ignition is on...
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The fact that the security light is on is the part that needs to be fixed. The injectors will not pulse until security is fixed. Your creader will not read security codes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there another way to get the codes, by the way of the dashboard ?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

No there is not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK So I must ask someone who has the right scanner.
I ll come back to you then.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The most likely failure is the resistor in the ignition switch.

I have attached a link to a bypass. If you dont want to do this I understand. I just wanted to put it as an option. Please be advised. I have seen this procedure do permanent damage where the BCM must be replaced if you ever want the system to work as designed again. Use with caution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r9svRLEA6w&list=PLjvhXrbbxpDMxCxQQkPvYKlqYmab2I58x

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ve heard of these bypass. If I can do without it would be better. According to you, if I replac the ignition switch it will work ? Will I need to buy other electronic modules?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You need the sensor on the ignition switch for the pass key

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam,I have seen the video of the silverado by pass you gave me. But this one seems more accurate because it is related to a Blazer. So we have cut the yellow one and stripped the orange/black one. We have found 960 k ohms. I m going to buy a resistor that fits this value . Am I right ?Thanks
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

yes