FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have a 2009 escalade and the fuse compressor is not hot on

Customer Question

I have a 2009 escalade and the fuse for the compressor is not hot on ether terminal. If I jump it with a hot wire the compressor kicks in no problem
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Do all of the other electronics seem to work fine inside of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rear automatic tailgate quit working around the same time and while testing the fuse for the compressor I noticed the gate fuse is dead to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the climate control is acting funny as well. Heat on driver side and cool on the other
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. One last question. Are you using a voltage meter for testing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Test light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any thoughts?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Just so I am sure I would like to clarify that you are talking about the air compressor for the suspension or the compressor for the a/c?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A/C compressor
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The AC fuse is supplied power by the AC conpressor relay. When you turn on the AC does the conpressor relay make a clicking noise like it turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No click on relay and we swapped out with fog light relay and notice that fog lights are not working. We bench tested the relays and they clicked but not when in fuse cluster. We have three things that quit working around the same time, the fog lights, ac and lift gate
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

With the AC relay removed and the key in the run position can you tell me how many of the terminals where the AC relay go have battery voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 side by side
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. These items may be completely unrelated. Let's start with the AC. We need to see why the AC is not coming on. I would start by jumping the pressure switch on the accumulator under the hood. If the AC kicks on them it may just be low on freon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Compressor didn't come on
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Do the a/c controls on the dash work fine? Does the a/c light blink when you turn on the a/c?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All controls seem to work normal and the ac light stays on and doesn't flash
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. We need to check the pressures in the AC system to see if it is low. If that is fine then we will need to scan for codes. Do you happen to have a scan tool that can communicate with the vehicle modules?