Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

93 sts rough idle. Only current code is p046. Just out of

Customer Question

93 sts rough idle. Only current code is p046. Just out of storage this year after 5yrs
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idle seems like there's a miss.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purchased ICS will install tomorrow. I'm going with process of elimination right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also checked coil packs all good.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since the engine seams to be misfireing I would start with making sure there are no vacuum leaks as well as inspecting the spark plugs to make sure none are fouled from sitting so long. Im not finding any reference to the code Po46 which is an OBD 2 code and your 1993 should be an OBD I system, are you sure about the code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a book and the code is right to left bank fuel difference. I've had the car since 96 and it has 78g on it. Im at a loss. But I will however look for vac leak. Thanks, Rebecca
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Please do Rebecca, check for vacuum leaks as well as inspecting the spark plug to be sure they are not fouled from setting.