Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2008 Escalade check engine light came on and shortly

Customer Question

My 2008 Escalade check engine light came on and shortly after the remote start stopped working. I went to check what code came out of the plug in computer at autozone and they told me the plug in tester wasn't reading at all and seemed like a fuse was blown
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there I am Cam. Can I get your first name?

The fuse for the DLC is the LTR fuse, #53 in the underhood fuse block. Can you check that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked it and replaced it with another 20 amp. It was blown. What else runs off that fuse?

The power outlet or signal lighter. Now can you scan it and see if that will allow you to read them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I got it now. It was my gas cap evidently. Engine light is off now

Ok, good stuff. If you have it come back on, please reply to this thread and I can advise you from there.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)