FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I asked the question about idle surging up and down on a

Customer Question

i asked the question about idle surging up and down on a 2002 eldorado v-8 northstar. the other tech suggested clean iac, maf, and throttle plus cleaning blade this was two days ago-none of this helped.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. The most common cause of this on your vehicle is a vacuum leak. The most common leak I have found it the intake manifold gasket. When the gasket has a small leak this will cause too much air to enter the engine which causes this high idle. I would have the engine checked for this. If it is fine then the throttle itself may be failing and not closing properly or the throttle position sensor is not reading correctly.