Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

1999 cadilliac power windows, fuel gauge, and power trunck

Customer Question

1999 cadilliac power windows, fuel gauge, and power trunck and power fuel door does not work. Code is a p1610
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is almost always caused by a bad ground, the re are 2 specific ones to check, the first is behind the driverside kick panel, just to the left of your left foot when driving, can you remove this panel, and you will see several wires going to a bolt on the side metal, can you check this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned and tightened the grounds. No change still no windows no fuel gauge. Security light does not flash when I turn key on. Still codes p1610,p1605
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

THERE is another ground on the passenger side kick panel, which can also cause this, have you checked that one yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned and tightened this but the problem is the same.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then we need to check for power at few places, do you have a test light or a volt meter?