Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

No sir, I've never had an issue with the oil pressure gauge

Customer Question

No sir, I've never had an issue with the oil pressure gauge having some reading. I just recently had the timing belts and the recall pertaining to the timing issue taken care of at my local cadillac dealer (it was under manufacturer warranty ). I haven't noticed any problems until today. I was on the highway and noticed my oil pressure was at 0 red line. Pulled over checked the oil and it was 2 qts low. Took it to the closest valvoline shop for an inspection. They said that it's not looking like it's leaking, they topped off the synthetic oil and still no reading. They seem to think it's some sensor but couldn't be specific. I would greatly appreciate any information you have for assisting me with this latest issue. Thank You Andrew
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Diag step one is going to be doing a manual oil pressure test to see if there is internal engine issues or just sensor or gauge concern. Can you check the oil pressure?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris