FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I am a bit worried. My 07 Escalade has the following

Customer Question

Hi Jerry, I am a bit worried. My 07 Escalade has the following symptoms/problems. Had battery replaced, all cluster functions other than radio went out. Took to dealer paid $230 to be told it was BCM which would be another $650 (after the $230 diag). Did not have that cash on hand (small children and 2 jobs - car was a gift- so could not replace right away. Now I take it to dealer, the replace the cluster for $850 and let me know the Stabilitrack warning, service brake warning, tire pressure warning are all on. They know I am on a budget as in I pay cash and prefer not to owe, and ask if I want those checked out. I figure these are things I can deal with for a few months.
At closing I start to drive home and I eventually get a low oil warning shut down engine. I stop check oil and it is fine. I decide to try to make it home. The warning comes back, only at speeds of under 10 miles per hour or idle.
Crack of dawn today I took to another shop current info: sensor reading 5lbs pressure
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Did all of the other lights remain off besides this one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 2nd shop got the stabilitrak light and brake warning lights off and advised me the sensor in back right tire is bad - so that light is still on.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If the oil light is now coming on and if they have checked the oil pressure with a manual gauge then you may have a faulty oil pump or an issue with the valve lifters. Most of the time thought this it caused by a bad sensor. Did they verify this with a manual gauge or did they just scan the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shop has replaced the sensor as it was reading 5lbs low. Problem is it was only 15 lbs pressure (Sensor was reading 10). Also, they told me I needed a new Oil Sending Unit - they replaced this which apparently raised the pressure slightly. Now I am told I need a new oil pump check valve at an additional cost of around $650 bringing my total at this shop to just under $1000. I was told Sat that they were sure this was the problem and now today when I called they say they are now installing the new part and hoping it fixes the problem. "We keep following what the diagnoses are telling us". I am awaiting the next call telling me it is the darn fuel pump for another $650 additional. I feel like I am being taken for a ride. I work 2 jobs. Just spent $850 at the dealer, now sitting on $1000 at another shop. It's not good. Please advise.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure which state you live in but most areas have protection against things like this. There is no way that you should be paying for anything unless it fixes it, unless they are asking you if you okay the repair knowing that it may not fix it. There are only a few things that can cause this, but they should be able to pull the oil pan and inspect and test these parts to see what it is. It may be the oil pump or it can be the variable timing lifters.