Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I want to disable the Onstar antenae on my 2013 Cadillac

Customer Question

i want to disable the Onstar antenae on my 2013 Cadillac Escalade ESV. Where is the box?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait the onstar module is also called the VCIM or the central control module the location is # ***** as seen in this first picture

it is accessed by removing the radio and heater controller in the dash and will have a coax antenna cable going into it and 3 electrical connectors plugged into it also

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the GPS module unplug however now I get a service suspension system and the brake light and ABS light and the check engine light stays on
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

The reason you see these warning lights on now is because you have unplugged the module and the engine computer,anti lock brake computer and other computers have lost communication with the emergency contact module.This can cause all of these lights to turn on like this here.

The only way to really correct this is to see if a dealer can program the control module out of your vehicle (which usually isnt possible) or to plug the module back in again.

You can try and just unplug the antannae from the module and see if the lights then turn off but if they do not then there isnt a way to bypass or leave this unplugged without warning lights being on.

Thanks Pete