Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Have 2004 caddy deville stalls immediately after starting

Customer Question

have 2004 caddy deville stalls immediately after starting please help me
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Have there been any recent repairs to vehicle? Jump started for any reason? Do You have access to a scanner?

Do you have a security light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i finally got it to start but it is running only at 5000 rpms at idle should be 7500
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just bought the cat 1 month ago been putting gum out in tank and use 93 octane to clean it out do u think i have a clogged fuel filter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is idling nowi backed iot out of driveway then put it in drive and went back into driveway and stalled when i applied brake
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do u think something could be clogged?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

A fuel filter would be a good cheap thing to try. It may cause problems if it is plugged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what else could it be if that doesnt solve the issue? I just know that the catr ran much better in fact excellent after i put 2 cans of gum out in in the last 30 days and been using 93.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

There are lots of choices. I would need to know if you have any codes and what they are as just a starting point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the check engine is on but i dont have a scanner. this just happened 2 hrs ago when i was trying to go to work. Should i try fuel filter first?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

No. Read the codes first. Stop at a parts store most do for free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i continue conversation tomorrow?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I am traveling tomorrow. I will do my best to reply but may not until later

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ill let u know how do i contact you?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Just replay here. I will do my best to respond