Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2005 Cadillac escalade, the driver side ac vent is

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Cadillac escalade , the driver side ac vent is blowing hot, passenger vents are blowing cold. How do I fix this
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
When the air temp output is only correct on one side of the dash, this is most commonly due to a problem with the Air Temp Actuator. This actuator is what turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between heat and A/C as commanded by the control panel. The driver's side actuator is located under the driver's/center of the dash. To gain access, remove the driver's side lower insulator panel. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remvoe the actuator and turn the temp door by hand making sure there is no binding and that air temp output is now correct. If there are any problems here, the problem lies internal of the housing. It will need to be removed, opened and the door inside repaired as needed. If the inspections check ok, replace the Air Temp Actuator. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.