ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  26 year GM master tech
19513769

A few weeks ago my car died when i was coming in from out of

Customer Question

A few weeks ago my car died when i was coming in from out of town, first time in two years that had ever happened. The power went out, i couldn't steer and I couldn't so much as use the remote to lock the car doors.
Anyway I took it in to have it looked at at the local dealership and they could not diagnose the problem. So I brought it home.
A few nights later when I was leaving work for lunch, the car died again, no power, was lucky to get it to the side of the road.
So, I take it back to the dealership, this time they say they need to replace the alternator and battery and that gets done.
I have had the car for a couple days now and a couple times when I go to start it, it won't start, mind you, when it runs, it runs great now since the repair. However, if I miss with the batter cables that connect into the battery, suddenly their is power. Is this an easy fix? Should I replace the cables that connect to the battery??
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

so after a new battery and alternator your problem is once in a while it will not crank over and you physically mess with the positive and negative battery cables right at the battery and then full power ?

are either cables loose at the battery where you can move them by hand right at the battery ?