Amedee
Amedee, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My push button start on my 2006 sts works sometimes and

Customer Question

My push button start on my 2006 sts works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. There are new batteries in my fob and I have no issue with the entry, just the start. Sometimes it takes several times to start it, but so far it always starts. Do I need a new start system?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. You could have several things going on causing your intermittant no crank condition. Using a scanner, check to ensure there is a crank request and verify the transmission is in park or neutral. Then check Starter relay command on the scan tool. It should say on when the key is in the start position or it should show OK on the scan tool. If scan tool data is correct, verify that the starter relay is clicking when this happens and that the 30 amp starter fuse in the underhood fuse block is good. If the relay is operating and the starter fuse is good, go to the single wire connector at the rear of the intake manifold and check for power on the Purple wire. If there is power with the key in the start position, the starter is at fault.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Amedee