Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My ABS and TC warning lights are on my 2005 escalade 't know

Customer Question

My ABS and TC warning lights are on my 2005 escalade don't know why. Can you give me some guidance?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Usually this issue is a wheel speed sensor, and which one we are not able to tell easily. Do you have any strange noises when driving, like running over the rumble strips on the side of the highway?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No strange noises that I have noticed. But my service tire monitor has been on for months

Ok, the tire monitor is different system. We shall need codes scanned to find out what code for the ABS is set. You have a couple options here. First you can have a shop scan it. Otherwise you need a scanner that can read EVERY code. For general use I use Lemur Vehicle Monitors. The BlueDriver will read all system codes using your smart phone for about 100$.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lemur monitor that you use. And the Bluedriver are the same devise?

Lemur is the manufacturer of the blue driver. Yes, even above the shop scanner, to simply get codes, its way faster and cheaper.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the vehicle to O'Reilly auto parts to have scanned on the Bosch monitor. It said to replace the ECM. What kind of repair am I looking at?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do hear a slight rumbling from the front
I am concerned about the code saying the Ecm needs to be replaced. Can you post the code number?
Depending on which Ecm, the engine, body, abs, or which even other module it said will change what I have to offer so the code number is ***** also some issues with the abs module can be fixed without replacing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The codes it came up with were PO449 and PO522
Those won't set the traction light.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so if those codes won't set traction light then I'm back to square 1?
Correct that why I was suggesting the blue driver that will read all codes not just engine related codes.