Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I just purchased a used 2000 Cadillac DTS everything seems

Customer Question

I just purchased a used 2000 Cadillac DTS everything seems to be perfect and it kept $39 59,000 miles on it and the stop engine low low oil pressure light came on it does not appear to be short of oil
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
If it is not making a noise such as knocking or clacking at idle or when slightly revving the engine, then it is likely the oil pressure sensor. If it is making a noise, then a possible oil pump issue.
To confirm, the oil pressure sensor should be removed and a mechanical oil pressure gage installed in its place and actual pressure checked to see if it is within specs.
The oil pressure sensor is located on the side of the oil filter housing that the oil filter screws onto.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks