Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 1991 Cadillac deville with service engine light

Customer Question

I have a 1991 Cadillac deville with service engine light staying on what do you think it is. I also have to pump the gas to start, but I did not use to
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light comes on when the PCM (computer) sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to get this resolved.