Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My 2009 cadillac cts parking/emergency brake cable broke.

Customer Question

My 2009 cadillac cts parking/emergency brake cable broke. Car has brake. How do I release the brake so I can drive it home or to a repair shop?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
You will have to locate where the cable broke and pull on the other end to release the brakes or push or pull on the release itself were the release cable attached to at the brake assembly.This is usually the only way to get it to release.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, Thanks for the reply. The incident took place on August 10th; I didn't receive an answer until the 16th. The concept of Just Answer.com is good, but without timely replies it is obsolete. I should of saved my $5 dollars to put towards the repair. Thanks again,
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.
Thanks Pete